The Willis Foundation is a nonprofit corporation affiliated with Willis Group Holdings, the global insurance broker. Established in 2010, The Willis Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation based in Nashville, Tennessee. The vision of the Foundation is to encourage Willis Associates and key business partners to participate in charitable activities and engage with the communities Willis serves. Throughout the year, The Willis Foundation organizes fundraising events and, in turn, makes charitable contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations across North America. Grant recipients are nominated by Willis Associates as a vehicle to give back to their communities.
To provide continuity, direction and oversight for a platform where Willis Associates in North America have the opportunity to engage in locally based philanthropy and volunteerism.
The Willis Foundation dedicates 70% of all funds raised to health and human services-related organizations. By focusing the collective efforts of Willis Associates and key partners, the Foundation can make a stronger impact on this nonprofit community. The remaining 30% of funds will be used to benefit nonprofit organizations outside the area of health and human services.
Nonprofit organizations categorized under health and human services include, but are not limited to: addiction prevention and treatment centers, child and youth services, crisis intervention programs, day care, emergency assistance programs, family services, half-way houses, housing and housing support services, mental health treatment centers, temporary shelters and food banks.
The Willis Foundation’s grant recipients may only be selected by Willis Associates. The Foundation does not accept grant requests directly from nonprofit organizations. All nominations are subject to the approval of The Willis Foundation Board of Directors and Grants Committee.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Interim Executive Director
The Willis Foundation 26 Century Boulevard Nashville, TN 37214
Copies of our financial statements are available free by submitting a written request to our office.
Kids Food Basket
Mesa Vista Therapeutics
Copyright 2011 Willis Group Holdings